Over the past 2 decades I’ve learned to anticipate the inevitable question “what’s a Student Management System?” Here’s how I’ve learned to reply without getting into the technical details about: the VET Sector, ASQA, AQTF, AVETMISS, and CRICOS.
Years ago everything was planned and tracked on a set of spread sheets and ledgers that you would probably never have seen. These days schools, colleges, universities, and registered training organisations (RTOs) would use a software program called a Student Management System(SMS), also known as Training Management System (TMS) or Learning Management System (LMS) or RTO Compliance System to handle the complexities of:
- enrolling or booking students
- launching and payments of eLearning courses, print certificates
- handling payments, funding claims and invoices
- scheduling courses
- organising: class rooms / trainers / meals / books
- managing assignments & assignments
- marking attendance
- scheduling and marking exams
- notifying teachers, students and parents
- identifying requirements for extra study
- complying with state and national reporting requirements
- issuing and registering certificates
- providing student resources / time tables / tools to provide anonymous feedback and complaints
- registering and following areas for ongoing improvement
- recording results
- issuing certificates and letters
Bluegem is a web based Student Records Management System (SRMS) also known as Training Management System (TMS) or Learning Management System (LMS) or RTO Compliance System. These terms have roughly the same meaning though the industries involved tend to have a preference. For example schools and colleges deal predominantly with students in academic programs would tend to use the term Student Management System (SMS), while registered training organisations (RTOs) who offer industry based training would tend to use the term Training Management System (TMS), or RTO system. Online learning is almost exclusively managed by a Learning Management System (LMS), but medium to large corporations also tend to use the term LMS as it applies to employee learning and development. So it is quite appropriate to refer to Bluegem as all 3.
How does Bluegem deliver as a TMS, SMS, and LMS
Whether you refer to it as a Student Records Management System, a Training Management System, RTO System, or a Learning Management System, Bluegem TMS provides a rich set of features designed specifically for training and learning organisations. It provides secure web access via a set of web user portals for Administrators, Trainers, Contract Trainers, Managers, Companies, Groups, and Individuals. Our enterprise edition, designed for cooperates and Enterprise RTOs provides: ERP, CRM and financial reporting systems integration. All RTOs can benefit from an impressive suite of built-in business management tools designed specifically for training organisations. For those training providers needing to integrate online learning with established training programs, Bluegem TMS includes a full SCORM 2004 LMS built-in.
STUDENT, EMPLOYER, and GROUP SERVICES
- Course and category search and browse facilities
- Online registration and course bookings that captures AVETMISS compliant data
- Online credit card payments as well as all commonly used traditional payment methods
- Training plans and reports
- Issues, complaints and appeals management
- Electronic document management - resource Library
- Scheduling and resource planning
- SRTO | AVETMISS | ASQA compliant in all Australian states.
- eLearning and Blended course management
- Content Development
- Delivery modes: Face-to-face, Distance, Online, Blended, Virtual Classroom
- Course cataloging and scheduling
- Flexible program mapping to accredited training courses
- Short course, Non Accredited, and Events management
- Enrolments and payments management
- Resulting, Assessments, and Assignment management
- Certification and awards
- MYOB Synchronisation (Service works for other Billing systems - just ask for details)
- Resource Library and Electronic Document management (EDM).
- Customer Relations Management (CRM)
- Web pages and portals can be branded and configured
- Trainer and Assessor capabilities and competencies
- Alerts, notifications and reminders - email and SMS
To find out more contact us we would be happy to have a chat or arrange a suitable time for a presentation.
please call +61 8 93899800 or email firstname.lastname@example.org